Case Study : Travel Industry Web Portal Development
Mutahed makes hajj coordination easy with stunning visual drag-n-drop facilities.
What was the client expecting from Perception System?
The client was looking for a team of seasoned web developers. The expectations were to create an attractive, engaging, interactive, and informative website. Thus, it can guide Hajj Pilgrims in comprehensive ways in their pilgrimage voyage right from commencement to termination phases.
How did Perception System evaluate the client’s needs?
Research & Analysis
We have applied the latest research and statistical methods to find, analysis, and reporting the client-side requirements. We have concluded that the client wants a visual solution for
- Need to handover the arrangements of beds in the tents in the hands of coordinators (Hajjco) in an open ground where pilgrims have to spend nights.
- Need to handover the preparation of a schedule for commuting vehicles (Buses) running in between holy sites, and all with custom arrangements for seats in the hands of coordinators.
What Were the Challenges
We have found the following challenges in the project:
- Visual presentation with drag-n-drop facilities for a vast physical site (Ground) and arrangements of beds within myriads of tents was a big challenge for us.
- A vast pool of pilgrims is commuting within a definite period. Creating the sitting plans using the drag-n-drop tools & interface was nothing but sailing against the tide for us!
- Apart from visual design challenges, we have to design as well as programming a complex back-end and front-end for multiple users including contributing companies, service providers, various Hajj Councils, and government & non-government bodies for Pilgrims across the globe.
How Our Web Development Team Handled the Project?
We have approached the project with full dedication of designing and programming teams.
We created Project Plan and defined Milestones & Deliverables, according to the scope of work.
Our web architects have defined the components, navigation, and visual interfaces with the integration of the latest tools and technologies.
As per the plan, we needed to develop the Mutahed website that provides information to visitors related to Hajj.
To ensure that the entered data is 100% correct, the application required the Testing & Data Accuracy feature. It is for the entire recorded data and the provision for entire data repository re-checked and the information re-matched.
Support & Maintenance
The role of Perception System was not ending with web designing and web application development but extended throughout the software lifecycle including supports and maintenance. It was one of the commitments to the client.
Our Journey throughout Travel Industry Web Development
Our Journey was challenging enough. However, our dedicated designers and developers led us to hit our defined goals with the following functionality.
Visual Solution for Tents
We have provided a graphical as well as a manual solution for website admins. Thus the admins can drag & drop beds into tents as per tent availability
Visual Solution for Beds
We have provided a graphical as well as a manual solution for website admins. Thus the admins can drag & drop seats into buses.
The website also needed multiple user registration and login features. For instance, for Hajj companies, Service Provider companies, Hajj Councils and Pilgrims.
At front-end, Pilgrims can search Hajj companies and see information about Hajj Company, as well as book specific Hajj Company.
Technologies We Used in Web Development
We have enabled custom functionality using the following programming technologies, frameworks, and database system.
The Final Result
We have divided projects into milestones. We have received payment accordingly from the client.
We had successfully developed a website.
More than 200 Hajjco users
More than 1,000 pilgrim users
Project Overall Cost
We have delivered the system successfully to the client and provided a satisfactory level of maintenance & support services throughout the web software lifecycle.
The web engineers at Perception System have created an attractive, engaging, interactive, and informative website, accordingly it can guide Hajjis in comprehensive ways during the pilgrimage voyage right from commencement to termination phases. They were extremely helpful for our non-tech people on each query and gave us all technical explanations in simple words so we can immediately grasp it. After realizing the benefits of features and functionality – very happy with soothing project capabilities.